1. The fee for the Act 235 or Act 120 Examination is $200.
2. The fee is payable by cash, credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)
3. Personal checks are not accepted.
4. Insurance does not cover Lethal Weapons Examinations as this is an occupational assessment and is not considered to be “medically necessary.”
5. Payment is due at the time of service.
6. Paying for the examination is not a guarantee of passing it. Your results, whether pass or fail, must be mailed to the PA State Police. If you fail the examination, you will be notified by email. There is no refund in the case of a failed examination.
7. Your examination time is being specifically reserved for you. If you are unable to attend, please call as soon as possible to re-schedule your examination for another day. In the event that you fail to call to notify the examiner and fail to show up, you will be allowed to re-schedule your examination but full, non-refundable payment is due in advance of your new appointment day.
8. If you arrive so late that the examiner is unable to conduct a complete examination, you will need to be re-scheduled for another day. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
Checking the Status of Your Act 235 Application
The link to checking the status of your application is included on this site. Please allow time for your results to show up in the PA State Police website. Our office has no control over how long it takes for them to enter your information into their data base. Your examination will be mailed to them from our office within 24 to 48 hours. Following that, you will be waiting for the PA State Police to process your results.
If you see a message on their site that says, “Not yet received,” please be assured that it does not mean that your results were not mailed to them. It simply means that they have not yet entered your information into the data base.